Originally Posted by Pemberley
I just can't believe that some smart, dedicated educators haven't recognized the need for more of these programs.
I think that they do, they just don't know how to make these programs economically viable. I know that there was one private 2e school here in the Denver area but it went out of business. I'm guessing that you need a combination of high population density and high personal incomes to have enough qualified students whose parents can afford such schools.

What little growth I've seen in this area, all seems to be happening in charter schools. If they are successful, they fill up fast and tend to have long-shot lotteries once you get past the first year or two. One of the schools is an off-shoot of another GT charter that catered to the the non-LD, high achieving crowd. Have you checked out whether there are any 2e oriented charters in your area?

Have you talked to any of the GT folks in your district outside of your school? Here, they all seem to know what everyone else is doing. Maybe they could give you some leads. I can understand your desire to look for alternatives to your current situation.