Thanks, DeeDee. That's exactly what I needed to hear....over and over again:)

The local option has the same math acceleration option with Alegebra I in 7th grade, honors Language Arts, etc. Only difference is that the class will be "watered down" with the students enrolled vs.the GT school. Since the honors program accepts much lower score for admission.

He'll be a mile up the road and be able to do his activities. I'm proud of him for making a decision that I know is hard, not just the easy way out. He's sad to lose friends from his GT school after just moving here and making them. I think he is looking at the long term picture. He's being more clear headed than his mama....a good sign!

Yes, homeschooling would not work for us and I need to learn to own that. My kids actually want to be in school. They all said they'd miss friends, etc. I work part time from home and can barely manage that with them home in the summer. I don't think that would work if they were homeschooled. Their local elementary is amazing and I'm able to volunteer almost every day for a bit. It's really the best for us.