Kriston - I didn't take it personally. I loved reading the Hot-housing thread b/c it made me self-refective...always a good thing to question oneself and one's motives.

Yes, I agree with you about the K'nex. He will definitely have to get the work done before we leave though or at least half of it. He has soccer practice on Thursday evenings. We've never been out 2 nights/week so he'll have to learn to manage his time better if he's going to do these things.

I have an almost 5yr old who did all of RightStart level A in about 5months. He loved it! WOuld dance up and down when I said yes to doing math. He's now almost half way through RightStart Level B which is 1st/2nd grade. I ask myself why do it? But he's ready, he enjoys it. My 7.5yr old started to hate math in K b/c he wasn't learning anything and that that was all there was to math. He got into his head that math was boring, he wasn't good at it (B/c he couldn't go further figuring things out on his own) so I'm taking a different stance w/ my 2nd son. Of course, this will create other problems and likely get me labeled as a hot-housing parent w/ the school.

Also, we also use Everyday Math and I just don't feel comfortable leaving all math instruction to the school.

Last edited by Dazed&Confuzed; 04/09/08 03:12 PM.