Kriston, I've read, and re-read, and re-read your post today. Yes he had the WISCIV. Yes VCI was 148. But then I started thinking "so he knows a bunch of words, what does it mean?" A friend said that the psych said something like "He takes in information like a 6th grader but the pace of a 2nd grade classroom." So I'm mulling over that. lol. Well Dh and I are both scientists and DS's passion is science and math so I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

EXACTLY! I guess I have a picture in my mind of what a HG child is like, and it's not him lol. I know he's advanced and can make connections and deal with abstract topics in chemistry and physics quite well. But how much is exposure and how much is *giftedness* I don't know.

Also, I don't know that I see much changing at school. I think alot of it is his personality. School is too structured. Several have commented that I make home too exciting w/ doing chemistry experiments, physics experiments, history (which he asks to return to but w/ school and a 4.5yr old and 15mth old I can't seem to find the time), LEGO Mindstorms, teaching him math at his level....who would want to go to school?

I guess the first step is admitting we have a problem.....