I am so tired of people blaming children for things that they have no control over.

Trinity,
My son is immature socially, and although he has always been a bit immature, I believe the concerta (for ADD) has stunted his emotional and social development. I have taken him off the meds for the past 6 weeks and have seen a small improvement in his socio-emotional growth but only time and patience will tell.

He participates in Drama, however the move to private school removes the required provision of theater resource from his schedule. I am looking into alternatives. His skill level was higher than grade level at one time, but has deteriorated, as has his knowledge base. His Critical thinking remains higher, but I see that falling as well...just more slowly.

I have not explored grade acceleration because I am considering holding him back due to delayed social/emotional growth.

He has few friends, none close enough to call the house...which greatly concerns me. I am really worried. This is my 4th child, the only one left living at home, and the apple of my eye. He is smart, funny, and has an eye for the ironic. When he was three, (I was wearing pig-tails for spirit day at the school where I taught) this little boy told me that my hair was an abomination. I asked him what that meant, and he stated quite clearly that it was something he didn't like! I knew he was smarter than usual, but this blew me away! My older three were of slightly above-average intelligence and markedly different from birth than my last child.

Does he hang out with other hg kids? Yes, at school during lunch. He does not make any effort to do so on his home-time. He is quite concerned that most kids at his school are nowhere near like him, and he really wants to find friends that he has more in common with. (He likes Monty Python movies but his friends at school don't know what that is, nor do they want to)

So, in a nutshell, that is the story.
Thanks for the reply.