Speaking of it, here we go... The boys bedtime is 8:30.  It's 9:30 he's sitting here reading his second book tonight.  The practice had drastically improved his skill.  Honestly I don't totally listen with undivided attention.  Sometimes I do watch closely.  Sometimes he skips a sentence.  Sometimes he reads every word.  I'll correct a word if I hear one wrong.  What I think is funny is when he read "The Magic Set" I said, "You need to read that page over, I didn't understand those last two sentences you read".  He said no.  I looked at the book.  The part I thought he was misreading was a character casting a magic spell and what he read was what was on the page.  I thought he was getting too tired to read.  We won't be able to do this once school starts, but honestly he can stay up late reading and it's fine with me.  

I've read a few chapters of "Writing With Skill" so we're laying a foundation for book reports later by asking him two questions.  What was the book about?  What was the most interesting thing that happened?  That's teaching a 2-3 sentence summary for outlining skills.  Fun !!!

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar