Hi there! smile I was hoping for some advice about helping a 3 year old re-gain reading interest. My youngest will be 4 in July. Right at 3.5, she began decoding on her own and was quickly reading sentences and short level 1 readers (slowly and with encouragement - was never fluent). We never pushed her or worried about attempting to get her progress because of her age. Anyways, it seems that after (in her mind)"mastering" this skill, the novelty wore off. Now if I try to read a book with her or even get her to fill in a simple word while I read to her, she refuses saying that she doesn't like to read.

She writes well for her age, I think, and writes all over paper and drawings she makes (the other day she drew a picture of our family and wrote "love" and "famil". This makes me thinks that she still knows how to sound out words. It isn't important to me that she reads at this point, but I am a little concerned that she says reading is "not fun" and that she "doesn't like it". Any opinions or advice on this? Thanks in advance!