Originally Posted by Lori H.
Social exclusion is a form of bullying and it is condoned by churches in our area. I talked to one of my son's former scout leaders about bullying in our schools.

As the Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies says,

'The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists and agnostics from membership in its Scouting program, and prohibit "avowed" homosexual people from leadership roles in its Scouting program as directly violating its fundamental principles and tenets. BSA has denied or revoked membership status or leadership positions of youths and adults for violation of these foundational principles.

The BSA contends that these policies are essential in its mission to instill in young people the values of the Scout Oath and Law.'

Is the Boy Scouts organization therefore guilty of "bullying", because it is excluding people? I don't think so. It has certain moral standards that some people disagree with. They are free not to join.