In my opinion the general thinking is that a gifted child will do alright in the world no matter what (I don't personally think that's true and I think a lot of people are also suddenly realizing it may not be true either), whereas a child with special education requirements may stand a good chance of not ever becoming an independent person without that extra assistance in childhood.

Yes it breaks my heart that my daughter isn't offered the chance to develop her abilities more in school time because she's meeting all the benchmarks they need her to, but I know that the people of this country aren't willing to pay more taxes for it to happen. I mean a good amount of people don't think we should even be able to get healthcare if we aren't multi-millionaires.

If there is only going to be a certain amount of money to spend, it should go to those who need it more. My daughter will be fine if they never give her a single day of differentiation. My autistic brother who did receive special education would not have been.