I would like to add one additional thought to this conversation:

My first job out of college (Elementary/Special Education) was helping launch a transition team to help Special Education students make the transition between high school and viable work after high school.

It took 8 months to teach one student how to perform his job functions at a local chain restaurant - selecting a knife, a large fork, a salad fork and a spoon and then rolling them into a cloth napkin. But at the end of that 8 months, he knew how to do his job with perfection and worked there for almost 10 years instead of spending his days in a group home or a bedroom in his parent's home. His IQ was around 65. Other students were taught to peel and core apples at a bakery, detail cars at an auto dealer, and bag groceries at a grocery store. I taught them how to ride the bus, clock in and out, and manage specific behaviors that were a problem in the work place.

I've spent time, energy, tears, and effort at both ends of the spectrum. Both have unique challenges that require parents to spent countless hours not only fighting for the appropriate accommodations but more energy at home working with their child to aim for the best possible outcome.

I have the utmost respect to parents who give a da**, get involved in their kid's education, and fight for better options and outcomes - no matter whether their child has an IQ of 60, 100, or 200.