lol! I was thinking the same thing, but when you get HG and PG people together, I worry about children with disabilities b/c there may be too many atypical genes in the mix!

There are certainly areas where my dd is learning. Taking the 10th grade science course along with the 9th grade one this year, although it made her schedule very heavy, was a good thing b/c she feels like she is learning a good amount in that class, for instance. Her main frustration has been in the language arts realm where learning has been limited for most of her schooling experience or more related to stuff she would have picked up on her own w/out going to school.

Language arts subject acceleration is really almost never offered. For kids who are really strong in math, there is always the option for subject acceleration in math on top of the grade skip which can better meet the needs of a kid for whom that is a major strength. My dd has been fine with the year acceleration in math, but really doesn't need to subject accelerate further there.