LOL! This is one reason why I'm a big fan of the "share and shrug" method of discussion about all of this education business. In other words, saying "Here's what worked for us, here's what failed miserably for us; now, do whatever you want with that info--and doing nothing whatsoever with it is perfectly fine." smile

I simply cannot get all worked up about what you (in the generic sense) choose to do to educate your child, since I know neither your child nor your situation in any real sense. You're the expert, and if you think it's working, and you are a thinking person who is aware of your options, then it IS working!

(BTW, the "aware of your options" part is the one place where I suppose I might seem to be evangelical. I do hate to see people reject home schooling out of some mistaken sense of what it is. I try to clear up misconceptions so people can make educated choices, free of misleading myths. No more, no less.)

Your decision has no bearing whatsoever on my choices, so I have no vested interest in what you decide to do to educate your child. Even if every single HG+ child in the country were HSd, we'd still be in the minority, so there's no reason for me to campaign to "convert" you. Personally, I want every HG+ kid--heck, I want every non-HG+ kid, too!--to be educated in a way that works for them. That's my personal stake in the situation, and nothing more.

Don't second-guess yourself, acs! If you are watching carefully (as I know you are!) and it seems to be going well for your child, then it is. Period.

(And here's where the shrug comes in...)

<shrug> You're the expert on your child and your school and your situation. There is no one right way. I always say, I'm not dealing in theory, where I commit to "one right way!" no matter what; I'm dealing in practice! Reality! The ever-changing conditions of trying to guide an HG+ child through a world not made for him. "One right way" isn't going to cut it even for just one child, let alone for all of them!

If it works for your family, then it works, whatever "it" is! So I say that for you, acs, "Yay! Rah! Public school!" More power to you!

And that's why I (generally) don't feel defensive, and I hope you won't either. Share and shrug! laugh

Kriston