Hi again! I posted here not long ago concerning testing my dds and possibly grade skipping the younger into the older child's class.

Well, now I am back with a new question - I hope you all don't mind my return visit.

I have read several threads concerning homeschooling so I thought this might be a great place to ask this question.

First a little background. DD6 is in 1st grade at our public school. She has tested 6th grade for reading and spelling and 3rd grade for math. She attends a gifted pull-out 4x a week for 30 min a day. DD5 is in K at the same school. She tested 6th grade for reading and spelling and 2nd grade for math. She attends the GT pull-out program 1x a week b/c that is all they usually do for K kids.

We have spoken to the school on numerous occasions concerning subject acceleration, possible grade skips, etc. but we are also considering homeschooling.

So, now (finally!) to my question. Currently both girls are pretty happy in school and not having major problems. I, however, do foresee the possibility of problems in the future. Would you change your gifted child's schooling situation even if they were pretty happy with their current one? Or would you wait until serious issues developed before making a switch?

TIA for what I know will be great advice!

ETA - the change we are considering is taking them out of public school and homeschooling them (as I re-read my post, it didn't seem that I was clear on that :-)