OTOH, my son LOVED the idea of HSing and resisted the possibility of going to the GT private school, even part time. He really loves his HSing, loved the idea of it before we tried it, continues to love it even on the less-than-stellar days (which every educational solution is going to have).

He has many more true peer opportunities in HS than he had in public school. The myth of the quiet child alone with a book is *not at all* what home school is all about. For our part, we are FAR more social now than we were before HSing! And the kids he's with are far more diverse and interesting than the kids he was with at our lily-white, middle-class public school. He's gotten some great opportunities that he'd have missed in that boring public school class he was in.

I say again, I think you have to ask what your definition of "pretty happy" is, and is that enough for your kids? Could your kids get more educational satisfaction (and general, overall life satisfaction) out of another arrangement?

Kriston