Originally Posted by acs
Hi Ann,
Any chance of getting DH on Social Security Disability Income? Have you talked to the social workers at the hospital? That would take some of the financial pressure off and might keep you in law school. Also, check with the financial aid people at your law school to see if you qualify for aid packages based on changing circumstances.

And "not killed himself" is huge. I know some who were not so lucky. So you don't sound glib to me at all.

Hugs!

Thanks Acs; I'll have to look into your suggestions! It helps to have something concrete to focus on. All I know right now is that DH is on short term disability. I'm going to meet DH's psychiatrist for the first time tomorrow. DH has finally agreed to let me go. I'm not sure why he's changed his mind now, but I'm grateful. I've only spoken to his psychiatrist twice on the phone. Each time precluded by a trip to the hospital. The first time I spoke with the psych I understood why DH likes him. DH likes plain speaking (as is his psych), is stingy with his thoughts, and never has to retract what he says. We're very different in this respect. I digress... During my initial conversation with DH's psych I told him that I was worried that I'd come home from school and DH would be dead. The psych told me "That's a very real possibility." crazy