Thanks for all the discussion. Apparently, the teachers spoke to DS about what he didn't like about school yesterday. They're clearly concerned and preparing for our meeting next week. DS did not mention the work, but he talked about his problems with distractions and his intense dislike of their disciplinary system. (It's rarely applied to him, but he lives in fear of it.). He said he felt like he was being interrogated by the police, even though they were very nice about it. He was afraid to tell them that he hated school. Today, however, he seemed at peace with the challenge work.
I need to come up with concrete suggestions for Wednesday. I think I'll do what so many of you have done about educating the teachers and principal about PG kids, and their unique issues. The nice thing is that they really do care and are trying to help. The big issue is whether they are willing to do something out of the ordinary for him. I'm no longer nervous about Wednesday. Unlike his last school, I don't feel they'll be adversarial.

Last edited by questions; 03/08/08 09:27 AM. Reason: fix typos, now that I'm back on the computer