Incog,

I asked for that exactly that. I think in my email I said something like is there a test he can take so that he can place out of the regular math and access his CTY during the day? I also said he needed a challenge and what do you suggest. I thought I'd get at least an email, if not a meeting. (And of course, it doesn't help that none of the other kids complain about the extra stuff - they like it and are proud of it.) They're right, he doesn't need the pressure, but he does need the challenge. He didn't seem to object to the extra writing work, but he did not like the math. (an addition problem like if you ride your bike 15 miles in a week, how many miles do you ride in a year?)

If the school doesn't have a GT program in second grade, it's hard to imagine the teachers are going to know what to do and if they'll even be willing to vary standard procedures. Time to write some more emails. Helicoptering, here I come...

Kriston, I'll take a look at that house, but you have to do something about the weather.