K. �I'll butt in. �Only been reading this thread for two days. �I didn't wanna interrupt because it's two of the good thinkers here talking. �I'll throw in my out of the blue, um, creative thinking. �I see the problem as the strain the job appears to be creating for the teachers is because the public who employs them doesn't really understand their job. �The stress, the pressure that wilts even engaging efficient teachers over time is because they are a public employee and the public doesn't know what it wants from teachers. �
When I was a kid I liked almost all the teachers, I like everybody, but I really loved the occasional teacher that knew their subject. �The passion shows differently than a passion for teaching. �IIRC. �Anyway, is school only a weeding out process? �Do the better kids just get further in their education? �Then, is the goal to get the folks who graduate from the far end of education to improve the quality of the world? �Is the goal to improve the kids so that more of them get to the far side of education? �That's two different guesses. �There must be some value to mass education since it's mandatory and publicly funded. �If the consuming public could concretely outline the value being sold by the school system would it help teachers deal with the strain your job appears to create for you? �I would think it was stressful to work for a boss you can't please even when you do exactly what you think they said.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar