I started drafting a response and then stopped. I come to this forum because I am interested in what people have to say on a variety of topics related to giftedness. It's something I enjoy. While I feel that there is more to be said, I'm realizing that this doesn't feel like a discussion to me and I am just not interested in having a long, draining argument. Bottom line, you are not going to convince me that teachers are overpaid, underworked and incompetent and I am clearly not going to convince you of the opposite. I had hoped that there would be some room for us to build shared understanding and some level of consensus, in part because I see that as the only viable path to improving anything, and I do believe that we need to continue to improve our education system. However, I'm realizing that this is feeling too much to me like the partisan back and forth that I find so discouraging in our political system, and in my area the political situation is already taking up my energy for that type of discourse. I do appreciate the time you've taken to try and clearly express your views. I'm sorry that we couldn't find a bridge to stand on here.
Peace,
Tam