Originally Posted by sydness
and all of you guys who say that even if the IQ test shows ME that I need to keep pushing, then it would be worth the money...

I am flip flopping so much. I'm gunna call around and see what they cost. Why is everyone taking the WISC and not the SB?
One needs more credentials to administer the SB, so fewer folks give it. All the flip flopping is how we all started - and part of the role of the tester is to be a reliable helper to help us manage that flip flop feeling.
Since I don't this the school is going to tell me which they like better...I may have to chose myself.
Get a meeting with the Principle, a 'here's where we've been and here's my concern' meeting - and ask this question. They may not answer, or they may volunteer the school to do it, or they might answer. Keep hammering home the social - emotional card and that you want what is best for your child - and that some children have very unusual needs.
[/quote]
I did inform her current teacher of what I was requestion for next year and said.."I assume a teacher recommendation helps." No response.
Next time you will be more direct. A heartfelt: "Can you help get my daughter's educational and social needs met by writing a letter of recommendation?" is what is needed. No 'hinting' - ok? Aim to ask for 'exactly' what you would like, and use the body language and tone of voice to sent the 'I'm very nice' message. The fact that you've listened calmly to the other person's message should help there too.

Best Wishes,
Grinity
[/quote]

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com