kcab...u r in CT too?

I asked for a PPT and was denied, but it was by the secretary. Hmm. Still and IQ test seems to be the next step. Did I say algebra was offered in 6th? It's pre algebra....they have three math groups. Regular (Everyday Math), Accelerated Math, or pre-algebra....and then in 7th grade, Reg. Math, Pre alegbra or algebra. Pre algebra is usually taught in 8th grade normally for the reg students. The VP thought that a student that they have in 6th grade now is in geometry. She was a bit confusing though and wasn't sure of the details. I just wonder how a child who was not allowed to skip in 4th or 5th, and stayed with his regular grade, was able to skip pre algebra and algebra.

Questions I tried to ask while talking with the VP, but she quickly changed the subject and I'm not "quick enough" to know what's going on until after!

I wonder if you are near me in CT. I asked for a "placement exam" to be given and she said they don't have them.

Thanx for your comments...I love hearing what other people are doing and it's giving me the power to push on. I would have quit by now if it wasn't for this forum. smile