I have no idea who the boy is. All children in our district attend the same elementary school. k-3...then switch to the middle school 4-8. So no child in the district has ever been accelerated before 6th grade. So I told her that no child in my daughter's Montessori Kindergarted had ever been accelerated to 1st grade for writing, but she was and it was their idea!

Don't know what a SCAT test is. I will look it up. The only test she has is the Woodcock Johnson Acheivement test.

The woman I spoke with was actually the Vice-Pricipal of 4th and 5th grade, so I could go to the Pricipal of 4-8 grade.

IF my daughter COULD in fact do the 5th grade book in her 4th grade class, I would be satisfied, but I don't know if this is really going to happen. At least she was placed with a great math teacher, according to the vp...

I requested a IEP...No luck..my daughter is not disabled in anyway, except by her teachers not letting her learn.

I said over and over again that differentiation DOES and DID not work for my child in third grade. AND I gave examples and the VP seemed to understand and agree that it did not. But she thinks her teachers at the Middle School are better. She let me know that they were working on a pull-out program for G/T and I told her I was not interested...she was like "I don't blame you." I kid you not! What the heck! She told me that she "hears me," cause her son could make change for a $5 in kindergarten...SOOOO? Aren't we talking about MY kid...who received an acheivement score of 99.6% overall on the WJ? What the heck...Now, I'm just venting...but it will be nice to have a record of what we talked about later, when I get sucked into the games and manipulations of the administration.

I was so serious about advancing her in math and after one meeting, I'm considering that she may be able to receive proper instruction in the reg classroom..I really need the name of that boy and I really need to talk to his parents...I will have to ask around, I guess...that seems to get me places...Like here! I ask around! It really works to network. I might go ahead a sping for another test too. She actually likes taking them and it gives her hope to be able to get harder work!