Originally Posted by aculady
Regarding whether different criteria apply when there are learning disabilities involved - with scores like this, the psychologist's report should include the GAI, which is calculated without the PSI and WMI, with a statement that the GAI is a more accurate estimate of your child's intellectual abilities. If this is NOT in the report, contact the psych who did the eval and ask for it to be calculated and included. Because of the significantly discrepant scores, FSIQ is not a valid estimate of intelligence in a situation with scores like these. The school should use the GAI in place of the FSIQ in evaluating eligibility for gifted programs.

Thanks, aculady, that answers 2 questions. I was also wondering what the GAI was & why it is not included on dd's report. I will call & ask the psychologist about that on Mon. I'm curious to see how different the scores are. (Is it possible to figure that score out on my own?)
I did speak briefly with the counselor at dd's school this morning & she said that they will consider the score from the RIAS (131) that the school psychologist gave her earlier this year when looking at her eligibility for gifted education. According to that, she meets the standard. Of course, there are other factors involved, but that one is met.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. Walt Disney