nuttybuddy,

I hope you don't take offense to what others might have posted about your original post being a possible joke. Even for a community of extraordinary, your inquiry was a curve ball to say the least. But if being in this community and reading about everyone's children has taught me anything, it's to accept that we haven't seen it all and there are in fact some amazing children out there.

I, personally, have not heard of children spontaneously speaking a foreign language but I do remember my daughter from an early age 'spitting out' what sounded like Arabic and sometimes even Mandarin. (And by early age I'm referring to before age 1.) I wasn't shocked by it considering how early she spoke her native tongue and even less shocked now with how quickly she picks up other languages. She is fluent in Spanish and strong in French and Mandarin. I saw the early years (DD is only 4 now) as a way in which she stretched her vocal range; flexed her tongue muscles, basically she was practicing all kinds of sounds.

I do want to ask for some clarifications from your original post.
He seems to speak it fluently.
Fluency, to me anyway, is not necessarily having a complete vocabulary in any given language but it is the ability to communicate effectively with anyone in that language. Like I stated earlier, DD is fluent in Spanish. She is fluent in so much that she is able to have conversations with Spanish speaking individuals and not just simple Hi, how are you? and responding to it. Is this what you mean about your DS? Or do you mean what words or phrases he is using appear to be accurate Russian? If it is more in line with the second option than I'm inclined to believe he overheard those phrases somewhere: on one of his DVDs or at a store where someone was talking in Russian. It doesn't downplay, by any means, his abilities and clearly this is another example of his intelligence.

Anyway, I hope you aren't offended by the posts of others and I really hope you share more about your son. He sounds wonderful.