My kiddo I think has some relief for understanding more. However, she also had an outburst in the car not that long ago about wishing she was not that smart. So far her school friends have been supportive. She told me a story the other day and my heart started to drop because I thought she was being teased but as she clarified I realized she felt she was being complimented. She still feels isolated to a certain degree and does not have that one best friend that really "gets her." I wish she did. She never has. I long to put her in an environment where she might have the opportunity to meet others. I think the isolation is partly due to her relationship with academics rather than just being smart. For example, my mother-in-law passed back in October. When we flew to the funeral, my daughter missed some school. Her Geometry text book is large and completely online. She however wanted to bring it with her because it made her feel secure. She is excited to take the SAT for the second time and enjoyed the first time. I think those attitudes are not always seen as "cool" by kids her age. She will be attending an arts summer camp this year... not sure what that will bring...its suppose to be good. HTH