Hello, everyone. Following up on my first (& only) post here. Your advice was much-appreciated. For various reasons, we are now seriously considering private WISC IV testing for DS. He is currently in school gifted program, but that may change if new requirements are established due to budget cuts. (Long story)

DS would be eligible for testing as of mid-May, when he will be approx 11 yrs, 6 mos. His current GAI is 134, though Dottie observed that it is likely 136. For many reasons, I have not gone back to the school (yet) to discuss this discrepancy. Frankly, I'm not too confident in info they give me, though I think they mean well overall. Nor was DS given full WISC IV - just VCI & PRI - though I gather those are two most important aspects of WISC.

We live in Kansas City area (USA) and seek someone who is warm & engaging. I read an excellent article by Dr. James T. Webb who stresses the importance of such qualities in a tester. I've also seen Dr. Webb present in-person. Wow, I wish HE was available to test DS! He would be exactly the right kind of tester for any of my kids.

I have checked Hoagies & asked parents here, but have no solid leads. SENG web site lists one Dr in St. Louis, MO, but that's 4 hrs away & I have nothing to go on besides the listing. I would drive 4 hours if nesc, but sure would want to believe the tester was a good one!

(As an aside, DS does not have any vision issues, per optom & he does not believe a developmental eye test is appropriate for DS. This was discussed earlier in the post & I did check it out - thanks to Katebee!)

Any recommendations would be appreciated. And, again, thank you for your time & advice.