They sell the little handheld computer gadgets. But as far as I can tell they can turn a wrench here, but the main thing is knowing your car parts, and which parts you can upgrade besides just the rims and speakers, and knowing what kind of maintainance your car needs. A stitch in time saves nine. Especially if you're paying a computer trained mechanic then maintenance I s cheaper than repairs. If you know something on your car needs fixed and you put it off then not only do u still have to buy that one part new, you now have to replace whatever else broke while it was breaking.
Not that I know the first thing about it. If you can tell I'm just repeating one of the lectures my kids are getting from an early age. I have a feeling they'll know about cars. :-}

My boy just has to clean up after himself. And yes, it takes a lot more time for me to tell him "there's still more toys. They don't go in the livingroom.". Than it would take to do it myself. I let him wash a plate or a cup in the dishwater now and then. He washes his own hands and turns the water off. He lost that privledge one time. He dresses himself to the shoes, but they're just Velcro shoes. That was hard but I had to hothouse that skill because I already have to get myself and the baby ready. Me or the hubby will help him, but I made it clear it's all him now, and "please do it fasterly". That was the hard skill. Getting dressed was easy. The "fasterly, we're leaving" we struggle with. I don't know why ridiculous words help. I've given him full responsibility for dusting his drumset and I dont even remind him. It's splotchy and dust spotted, but I see him take a rag and clean his drum every few days. I just say, "good, a musician should take care of his own equipment". Not that I know about music either. He puts his own clothes in the dirty clothes room.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar