Oh Amanda - tough night!
I remember leaving DS at daycare when he couldn't yet talk and somehow thinking that it would be easier when he could talk, then at 18 months, he went through another bout of seperation anxiety, and I wished with all my heart that he wasn't expressing in such detail and precision exactly what he was feeling.

You'll have to wait and see what happens - one dramatic night is 'healthy frustration' to be proud of. If it happens nightly, and she starts 'wilting' during the day, then you'll be faced with some terrible choices. It happens, but you aren't there yet.

As long as you are explaining that she is unusual, you may as well start coaching her to 'stay in the game' when the bigger kids make it clear that their first impression of her is 'baby.' You know she isn't a baby, and maybe she is insecure about it, but soon she will know that all she has to do is make a joke and hold her ground and soon-soon the word will get around that she's a genius desguised as a baby and all will be well. Role play it on the good days, ok?

And you need to quit thinking that her size actually matters. Look in the mirror and say: 'I used to think that she was too physically little to have older friends, but NOW I realize that I was selling everyong short.' About 50 times to start, and then as needed until you get out of that habit-thought. She gets it that it's what is on the inside that matters, so follow that lead!

Love and More Love Amanda Dear,
Grinity

Last edited by Grinity; 01/05/11 05:29 PM.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com