Originally Posted by kd976
Thanks for checking in. I haven't done the increased dose yet just due to scheduling difficulties. I need to give his psychologist a form that his teacher filled out (that looks like a "normal" kid). So I'm not sure what he'll suggest after. He had also suggested the booster, but wanted to check a higher dose first. The only "issue" I have is, at $40 a prescription for a 30-day dose, I feel like it's a waste not to finish it. KWIM? I know that's petty, but, it's $80 in a matter of a few weeks. I wish we could just get a trial to test it and see where it goes.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

I know what you mean about the cost of the medication. It's crazy expensive! I don't know about the cost of a booster to go along with Vyvanse, but when my son took the methyphenidate (Ritalin) booster, it was super cheap.

I can't tell you how much we spent on meds during the first few months. It was crazy. I have so many leftover medications here it looks like a pharmacy. I hate to throw them away just in case he has to switch back to one of those meds in the future.

Good luck with everything.