Hellloooo People! I've been off for awhile and was just checking in (the glories of being at a gifted school as I'm not a panic all the time).

I have two conflicting thoughts:

Never give up.

Take some days off.

Never give up. Make it work one semester at a time. Try not to focus on the overwhelming hurdles down the path. Work hard to not to burn bridges or get labeled. Doing gifted right isn't about time, or money. It is about philosophy. And advocating successfully sometime requires a little luck that one day you'll find the ears that can hear and help.

Take some days off. Literally and figuratively. Advocating hard core can suck the life out of you. I admit I got very one tracked and it was hard to live life beyond making school work. Every now and then I found it refreshing to "throw in the towel" and just think they'll be ok. I always got back up off the mat. But full steam ahead can take it all and leave nothing for you, or your family. And frankly, when we were in public school I wish we took more days off. I didn't want to send the message that you can miss school. But in hindsight, a few plan planned school year vacations wouldn't have killed anyone.

I used to think when reading here all the time that it all got easier as they graded up but I think a lot of folks give up, give in, or find ways around (like horizontal learnings, alternative education, and out of school enrichment).

Our kids are bright. Hell I even use the word - they are gifted. And in most circles you cannot complain about it. You won't win people over saying your kid is too smart for school. But here... here you can say it.