Ah Yesss!

The old "Balanced Push" - only the primary parent knows for sure, and how are they to trust themselves?

My guess is that you DD is at least a Standard Deviation above the other CTY kids in readiness level, so isn't going to do well with her agemates in that setting. (Although her non-support from the teachers is unconsiounable.) Does her disability heighten the "Goldilocks Problem?" Probably in some ways.

Although one of my 2E friends was able to handle High School classes in elementary school age because he didn't really care about fitting in socially, he just really wanted interesting learning material - and the high school students were kind and to him while the agemates were unreceptive. Sure he was a 'Mascot,' but for him, any positivity filled his social needs.

My DS has a long and complicated wish list of how he wants to interact socially with his grademates. IF he was in High School, I expect he would be heartbroken to not be treated as a total equal in all aspects. He can barely handle not being treated as the non-full-voting member that he is, inside our family! He acts deeply offended. Not sure if it's an attempt at manipulation or the real thing, but it's non-negotiable so I just ((shrug.))

Anyway, I wish you luck in the future, and hope that when the time comes to try again, she has a better experience. Have you seen the "Think Summer Institute?"

Grin

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com