I'm glad you brought this up. I was going to ask if CTY allowed for accomodations. Mite needs an aide to sit with him and keep him on task.

He just finished some standardized tests on which last year he scored in the 31st percentile in math and 70th percentile in reading. We just got this years scores back. He was in the 88th percentile in math and the 99th percentile in reading!!!

He had a paraprofessional sit with him during the exam, which was on computer. She said she had to redirect him nearly every question, but that he would then look back with the correct answer. On the math test, she wasn't able to sit with him the last few questions...about 3-4 minutes she said. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

In the meantime, I'm having him do Aleks.com and an ITBS prep course that is done on the computer, to give him practice at taking a test on computer. I think that was the other thing that failed him in math....that and the para said he wouldn't use scratch paper but would just read the question, look up and to the left, look back at the computer, eliminate 2-3 choices then look back to the left and then hit the answer.

I keep telling them we have to eliminate writing in math as well as language arts, but will they listen??

So, I'm wondering if CTY will allow him an aide, too?

We missed the May 31 deadline and will watch for the new one now.

Willa Gayle