Yes, when DS was 6 and acting out, I wrote a supportive e-mail to his teacher expressing my concern over my son's bad behavior at school, told her that I was on her team and if there was anything I should be doing to nip it in the bud, that she just had to name it. Oh and "by the way," I said in my last paragraph, "could you send home some more challenging books for his homework?" I didn't say he was bored. I didn't excuse his behavior. Just please grab a different book and shove it in his bag instead. No extra work for her. This was not even an advocacy message!

Well.

I got back a 9-paragraph *ranting* e-mail about how she didn't think I trusted her with my son, how she *knew* he was smart but that didn't excuse his behavior (huh?), and that there are lots of good books that aren't chapter books (double huh? Oh, and could you send some of those along then?). Well, after that, she was right: I *didn't* trust her! eek

I went in to see DS6's test scores at that point, realized that as bad as the teacher was, it didn't really matter, and we pulled him out to homeschool a couple of weeks later.

So, yes, Crisc, you're among friends on the angering teachers front! I still have no idea what her problem was, but after having several neutral parties read my e-mail and her response, I was pretty sure she had issues way beyond my kindly little message. It's why I don't have advice for you. It would be a case of the blind leading the sighted if I did, I'm afraid! blush

Kriston