Sorry to start another post so soon but I need advice for resources.

In response to an e-mail that I received from DS6's 1st grade teacher today about his bad behavior I wrote:

...I know that you have 20 other kids that need to reach minimum standards and that DS6 would prefer one on one
attention. I also know that you truly can't teach at his academic level while keeping up with the rest of the class. DS6 knows this as well.

It now appears I have really ticked her off. She has requested a meeting for next week as she states:

I think we disagree on what actually is DS6's "academic
level" and what is appropriate for him developmentally to be doing in the classroom.

I have had many children over the twenty years in the classroom like DS6. Yes he is bright. But he is also a six year old boy.

I would like to meet with you as soon as possible to get this worked out. I am not comfortable with the fact that somehow DS6 "knows that I can not teach at his academic level." I believe this is an inappropriate message to be sending a 6 year old. Please let me know which day next week you will be able to come in.

I would think his test scores would be enough to show that addition/subtraction is not going to cut it for math and simple chapter books are not going to work for reading group.

Maybe this has been our issue all year--she might actually believe that DS6 is "not that smart". It's probably a great reason why we have not had any harder work. It's also true that DS6 does feel that he is not going to get harder work from this teacher. I'm really not sure what to tell her.

I plan to have DS6 complete some more complex math sheets this weekend--what else should I bring? I feel like I shouldn't to prove anything to this woman. She seems to have already made up her mind about him.

Does anyone know of any above level testing I could request for a 6 year old?

Crisc