Smiles here too,

My son does that.

Thanks for comments Grinity. My son scored in the top 1% of the State's Science comp, getting a HD. This is a highly respected comp, where even credits (top 30%) are highly regarded. There were only 2 HD's in the entire school. He was the only student to get one in the 6/7 section. In fact, the next highest score was a credit in the 6/7 section.

Yet, when the lunchtime extension science club was formed, he was excluded due to "behaviour" in his homeroom class. His teacher said she has seen no sign of any advanced ability in science from him in class!!

I am going to contact the head of school after Xmas break about his class placement for next year. He has made several very good friends in the class, and is not keen to move. One of them has been very vocal in "sticking up for" my son in his altercations with the homeroom teacher, even approaching the head teacher over the issue. It is a shame he will have to move from this group of friends. Funnily enough, socially he is very happy in the class.

I don't like my chances of getting a grade skip at the local public school, as this is a skip into high school. The local school head is not knowledgeable about underachieving HG kids.

Oh well, at least I have another 5 weeks of holidays to sort the whole mess out.

Thanks again,

Steph