Originally Posted by Dottie
You do have to be careful here Shelly, as there are definitely "pockets" of higher scores, and schools really can have 10 or even 20% of their kids landing in those top few percentiles, depending on the local demographics.

See, that would just prove all the more that I am not gifted if I did make that comment, LOL. Not that there needs to be more proof. I do realize that depending on locations there are more or less GT students. What exactly are 18 level scores?

And I swear I live in the land of no gifted children. I have met two children at our school that are mildly gifted, and some clients that I have worked with in therapy that were dual diagnosed. That's it. I consulted with a psychologist in our area that is very well known in working with gifted children. She told me that my son really needs to meet someone like him, or at least someone gifted. So I guess for now I just wait until I run into someone. And then I pounce on them and insist on a playdate, LOL. That's how it works, right?