Exactly that's really all I'm saying. All I ever hear from administrators is how brilliant all of the kids are. Frankly my response is why not adapt the curriculum rather than label and not label children as gifted. I constantly think that my dd is border line. One of those kids who would do well in a challenging environment but probably doesn't have special education needs. Then I look at the work that comes home and realize that she is light years ahead. The disconnect is staggering. If 30% of our school's children are truly gifted and another 25% test gifted but don't get admitted to the program, then surely this curriculum - 3 letter words on spelling tests in second grade etc etc... - can't be serving anyone very well. But then I tour the halls and from looking at children's work there appear to be plenty of kids who need this level of basic work. This is what led me to believe that the system is becoming watered down and not meaningful. I think my dd is borderline and I shudder to think what is happening to the kids that are way outside the box. How could their needs possibly be served in this system? How can anybody's?