Welcome!

His VECI puts him in the DYS range, so considering applying to DYS is one practical action.

Nice reasoning scores, all in the MG to HG range.

The average CPI (WM & PS) scores may or may not correspond to a second exceptionality in and of themselves. The behaviors you report can be associated with learning differences, but I tend to be cautious about tagging them with that label in a child so young. Keeping in mind he is first grade age, with his age peers, the slow handwriting, carelessness, and executive functioning slips would be developmentally-expected (and, indeed, still are).

I would suggest, first of all, not to worry about how he will keep up in later grades. Each day has enough trouble of its own. smile And honestly, their needs change so rapidly from year to year, or even month to month, that it isn't a good use of your time or energy to look too far ahead.

My usual guide is that as long as my children are happy and engaged in their education (in some way), finding stimulation and enjoyable challenge somewhere in life (handwriting counts, if that's what does it for him!), and, most importantly, growing and developing as whole, loving, principled human beings, then there is no urgency to change too much.

In your case, it sounds like the real concern for him is not truly academic challenge (though I don't downplay the lack thereof), but the absence of positive peer connections. It may be that moving to a more challenging placement will put him with children who are closer to being cognitive peers (even if they are older chronologically), or it may be that he is better off finding those relationships outside of school, perhaps in an activity or special interest (academic or non-academic), a community service organization (e.g., scouting, faith community, animal shelter), sport, etc. Or it may be that some of his current classmates could become friends if he and they had the opportunity to get to know one another, perhaps through parent-scheduled playdates initially.

His test scores don't obligate him to be a person who struggles with peer relationships, or to be twice exceptional (which may be partly why you still have so many questions after reading the eval report!). They highlight many strengths, and a few personal weaknesses (though not below the general population), which may or may not have IRL significance.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...