I think I like the way your dad thinks!

All due respect, I would't exactly categorize this as a low risk situation, though.

There is the risk:

Of alienating the teachers and the staff.

Of highlighting their intelligence thereby making them a potential target of a disgruntled anti-intellecual teacher who then makes it their mission to "prove" they're not "that" smart.

Of having the other parents make an issue of it and mislabel it as there is something "wrong" with them.

Having other kids judge them and make fun of them. It's easier for a group of children to leave the class then just one child. Kids tend to pick up on that.

The risk that the girls will feel painfully self-conscience about it, when other kids ask why they are leaving. Girls particularly are very succeptable to social mores and not wanting to be "different".

The risk that it doesn't work out well and is then used as an anecdotal warning to other parents dare they strike out on their own instead of following the advice of the all knowing administration.(I've seen this one in action already).

So I don't really consider this low risk and that's why DH and I have spent so much time discussing it and considering the possible complications.

However, we've determined that the risks here are smaller than the potential pitfalls of doing nothing, so, here we go.

Thanks for the well wishes!