Well everyone, especially Lori!, I saw that quote and it was the right quote at just the right time. Funny how that happens.

I spent the whole summer and most of last year agonizing over how best to procees towards a more realistic educational environment for the girls.

As a family we had a great summer and I found a powerful sense of calm in knowing my husband and I had come up with a really great plan that we thought would work well for the kids and the school.

I presented it to the principal, he was great, we're doing it!

Then DD8's teacher called me. She was great. Nice. Said all the right things. But I could just hear it oh so subtly in her voice. Mind you, I have a very sensitive ear. But I could just hear the tiniest "this mom is our of her mind what is she thinking" in her voice.

And because what I propose is very different and unconventional, that tiny doubt I think I heard in her voice cast a large shadow of doubt over me and all my careful considering!

Shortly after, I happened upon that quote and felt that the universe had smacked me on the butt and said: "Go on, go on, just because it's unconventional doesn't mean it's wrong!"

Just the right quote at just the right time. smile