BlessedMommy, I'm not sure what you mean by personalized learning - are you asking about an IEP?

I took a quick look at your most recent previous posts, and it looks like your ds has a 504 plan but he's reluctant to use his accommodations, possibly because they make him think he looks different. I posted a novel in that one re my ds so I won't repeat myself here wink I will add that distraction was definitely an issue for my ds when he was first diagnosed with dysgraphia. He didn't wander around the classroom but he also didn't appear to be paying attention and his teachers commented on his lack of staying on task frequently enough that they were somewhat convinced he had ADHD. A big thing that we didn't realize at the time was that he also had an expressive language disorder in addition to dysgraphia, so while the accommodations (that he didn't really want) *did* give him the means to bypass his dysgraphia, they didn't give him the ability to express himself because we hadn't addressed that issue yet. So - look at what's up, talk to your ds about what's going on, and consider that there might be another layer to the equation beyond the dysgraphia.

My expectation is that the teacher should have supports in place to help with his lower EF skills as well as dysgraphia so that these are not a reason he can't learn at the rate at which he understands the material. Is this an unrealistic expectation?

You can put these supports into his 504 if they aren't already included.

With personalized learning will students who have EF challenges and/or dysgraphia not progress as fast as other children who have similar cognitive abilities but no challenges?

Again, I'm not sure what "personalized learning" refers to. In general, if a student with a challenge is given remediation as needed and has the appropriate accommodations in place, they will progress as quickly as nt children of their ability level in the areas they *aren't* challenged in. So, a child who is dysgraphic will progress at the rate his intellect will allow him to in science, for example, if he/she is given an appropriate accommodation to bypass handwriting challenges. The same student, however, will not learn how to use handwriting in the same way or at the same rate as a student who doesn't have dysgraphia.

From what you've posted previously, it sounds like your ds has a 504 plan that addresses his dysgraphia but perhaps his 504 team needs to meet to brainstorm how to deal with getting him to use the accommodations or how to help him stay on task, then update the 504. OTOH, if it's *only* his math pull-out teacher who's noting this issue, then rather than having a 504 team meeting, perhaps just meeting with the math teacher to brainstorm is the place to start.

Math can be challenging for kids with dysgraphia - not the math concepts, but the having to show your work, even if they have accommodations such as only doing every other problem. Does your ds have access to any type of computer accommodation for typing out his math? Or have you noticed that he is more distracted/etc when the problems that are being worked are word problems?

Best wishes,

polarbear