LOL-- I wondered who else would pick up on that. It smacks of a writer that doesn't understand that such a thing really can be like a loaded firearm on a table in a preschool or primary setting-- something that MOST rational people would consider, er-- ill-advised. To say the least. I notice that there isn't any mention of "stranger danger" training, which I find pretty ridiculous myself. whistle

My own DD is a pretty clear example of this-- we've sheltered her from NOTHING in terms of ideas and language or discourse. It feels like-- well, censorship of the worst kind. She isn't fragile, and the opinions of others don't really bother her all that much.

A food allergen in class, on the other hand... makes her very anxious, particularly if she is trying to focus on an assessment at the time. (Gee, who would have thought that being worried for your physical safety might impact learning or working memory, eh? wink )

I guess she has figured out that one of them is a real DANGER to her, and the other not-so-much. I'd say that is rather rational, all in all.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.