Originally Posted by aeh
You have to wonder what she thought she was doing as part of the district test development team, if it wasn't designed to be reflective of the standards assessed on the state test. I mean, isn't the whole idea that the 2nd grade district test will be predictive of performance on the state test? If anything, it ought to have wider coverage than the state test, as the state curriculum standards are supposed to be the -minimum- that each district covers in instruction.

I don't understand it either. Also, they give the kids computerized testing that goes above level 3 times each year and the SIP is supposed to predict how they will do on the state test. DS's math SIP was 98 percent meaning he will get approx. 98 percent of the state questions correct. I emailed that comment to the teacher as well as telling her that the district is teaching to the test. She never replied. I got DS's most recent computerized test results for math and they are above the 75th percentile for 10th graders taking the test in the spring. He's only in second grade. Yet the district completely ignores these results. Do they think it's just lucky guessing or what? If so why do they even bother giving the kids the computerized testing. It's really frustrating. I could take these scores to the admin and say "What the heck are you guys thinking? Look at these scores" and they wouldn't bat an eye.