My highlights, which I've already posted and deleted once:

water broke at 36.5 weeks. Called DH at golf outing 3.5 hrs. away. (He finished his round before heading to the hospital!!!)

Drove myself to hospital, parked car and walked to ER (pregnant woman walking into hospital with towel gets lots of attn, LOL)

Came in at 0%,0%. Painful contractions but nurses said monitor was oversensitive. No Dr, no epidural - "too early." Couldn't believe this was stage of labor where I was supposed to be home playing cards with DH...

A couple of hours after DH shows up, asks nurses to check on me. Next thing I know, the nurses swat team is there with all sorts of stuff begging me not to push (until Dr. gets there -hadn't even been asked to come in yet). Dr. shows up, DS born in 15 minutes. About 7 hrs. start to finish from when my water broke until DS born. Dr. told me I was "bred to have babies." Strange comment, don't you think? Nurses asked if I was an athlete (used to be, alas...)

Oh, and we were going to be moving in a few weeks, and had nothing for the baby. Nor had I packed a bag. Just grabbed the nearest bag and threw stuff into it - which explains why DH pulled out my flippers and goggles in the hospital room when he was looking for something for me, and asked "WHY did you bring THESE?"

So, all in all, I was blissfully clueless and had it easy.

As far as weird stranger comments are concerned, I had people come up to me at the mall when I was pushing DS in a stroller and say: "you look so happy now. Just wait til he's a teenager. It's not easy." And I had no idea I looked so happy!

Oh, and I BF for a year.

I feel for all of you who had scary, difficult, uncomfortable pregnancies and suffered so much through childbirth. If I had read all that before I was pregnant, I probably would have been scared away. So I post this to say, YMMV (I'm really learning those acronyms!).

Too bad they don't use storks to deliver kids anymore... (sorry, we just watched Dumbo the other day.)