Stbmom,

The planet question is a great example. I posted a while back that my son is often confused as to whether the �correct� answer means the �teacher� answer, the �book� answer or the �full� answer. This will be less of an issue in 6th grade, so I tell him to hang in there! He has learned that if he gives an answer that is �above� the current grade, it is usually marked �wrong�.

He was really funny a few weeks back. He was so incensed that his teacher told the class that when drawing an atom, the neutrons, protons and electrons should be the same number. My son told her that this is true in only a few examples. She told him that was all they needed to know at that point. He ranted at dinner that his class was being mislead and wouldn�t know how to answer a question about seaborgium correctly. He planned to answer correctly on the test no matter what and take it up with the principle if he got marked off. I told him that she would probably only use a basic example on the test (which she did).