Another update in this thread.

DD7 took the first portion of the end of year MAP test in the regular testing lab and did well on math (up to 227) putting her at 99%.

Math is taken first.

Then, she took reading. Her score took a huge hit. She had been at 99 and fell to 90th with a growth of only 2 points for the whole year. I asked what happened. It seems the teacher singled her out to take the reading portion in the general classroom instead of the testing lab like all the other students and was rushing her. All the kids were talking, some were put to use stapling papers and making banging noises, and there were so many distractions she said she couldn't concentrate at all. She bombed.

I feel it was intentional sabotage and I'm very upset about it.

This is a teacher who told me over the phone that DD could not do division when I complained the work was not challenging for her and that she was bored. She also made DD cry in front of the class when she lost one of her spelling lists and gave me a call at home to try and get me to denigrate DD as well.

School is now out. I didn't understand what happened until I saw DD's test results in her folder when she came home on the last day. I'm not sure what can be done. I would like to see some disciplinary action, but DH says it would never happen.

I'm just disgusted with the whole thing. We had a horrible year.

Last edited by shifrbv; 05/31/14 04:13 AM.