I have a child who scores really high on MAPS tests and low on DRA. He was diagnosed as dyslexic with very high intelligence. We score 95th percentil on MAPS and a year behind on DRA. I would want to know the reason for the lower DRA score. For my child it is fluency, word correct per minute. He reads much slower than he should. However, when he has quite a bit of time, like on MAPS, which has no time limits, he does extremely well. I still would want him to be in a remediation or extra help group just to get better at all of it.

Believe me, if your daughter had dyslexia or a LD, you would suspect something. I would see him guess at whole words alot. The first letter would be correct and the rest of the word wasn't even close. If he guessed correct, he did great on comprehension. If he guessed an important word wrong, then he did terrible. I noticed major spelling issues, grammar issues, and up until early 4th grade reversed letters. His dyslexia is considered minor, but he still has major issues. We also have major swings in assessments, which makes it really hard to know how they stand.

I would go in and meet with the teacher and ask to see the DRA score sheet. For my son, DRA is a much better indicator of how much he has improved over time.