No suck luck with quick testing, I think. I pulled up the policy and for cognitive, for example, they recommend the SB-IV (so much overkill, I'd think), Kaufman Assessment Battery, or Batelle Development Inventory. The other areas are fine motor, gross motor, auditory discrimination, visual discrimination, and social-emotional.

To get all 6 areas in the least amount of testing, we'd need to do the Batelle (cognitive & social emotional), Peabody Development Motor Scale (motor skills), and McCarthy Scales of Children's Abilities (visual/auditory).

And you have to pay for it all yourself, unless you qualify for free/reduced lunch (which we don't), then you can apply for a financial waiver for help.

To get into 1st grade early, by contrast, you just have to get the principal's permission and they do a 30-day trial as a 1st grader. No testing required by the district procedure. After they've had DD for a year, they'll either be massively in favor, or massively against, her brother entering a few weeks early.

They seemed open to talking about grade skipping in the future. In spite of the crazy detailed early K policy, the district in general talks like it's flexible and open minded about accommodation and acceleration.