They don't want to provide a scribe in classroom. He does get a scribe for one assignment "at the teacher's discretion" (though I haven't signed that yet, btw). Of course, the teacher's discretion means minimal scribing. She doesn't think it is necessary because she "can read his writing".

This is 3rd grade, gifted cluster, so there isn't much to be had notes wise. They are supposed to send homework home for the extended time, but that is not happening. They won't scribe for mathematics, either.

Really 3rd grade gifted cluster is way below his ability and they aren't even allowing him to perform at this level.

I'm beginning to think ***I*** might have to provide his scribing services and be a constant presence in the classroom.

that outta make em shudder in their pumps!!!

One way or the other I'm getting ready for another IEP meeting and this time I won't be fooled by "nice". This is so ridiculous. How can he improve in typing his thoughts if he's not given a chance to actually compose those thoughts on a regular basis?

Does any one here use keyboard in the classroom for the kid and have success? What is the typing speed? How did you get it into the classroom?

breathe breathe breathe

Willa Gayle