What Val said. Emphatically. (Also what Ashley said.)

Look, I understand your mixed feelings and indignation. Truly. We've been "mitigating" the "education" that DD receives via school for quite some time now. I'm beyond irritated that they have the GALL to keep bothering her with things that merely interfere with the process... as if all that we're forced to endure here already weren't trouble ENOUGH. Grrr.

~another member, whose child apparently lost 2 points out of 70 on a final exam for using "x =" notation to describe an asymptote for a function defined as f(x) = in the problem itself... A final exam that had about 10% alignment with the high school dual enrollment course that she's had not one hour of actual LIVE instruction for over the past 16 weeks. A final exam upon which my child was not even allowed to ask whether or not "a" in part b of a question referred to "the resultant value from part a of this question" or to "a variable, a"-- oh, and she guessed wrong. -4 on THAT one, too, even though she demonstrated mastery of the concept/procedure asked for by this item, and in fact even INDICATED what she was using for "a" in the item. Believe me, what passes for "education" these days is playing pretty fast and loose with the very definition. My advice is the same as Val's-- when your gut is telling you that they've jumped the shark, DIY and listen to Jiminy Cricket-- let your conscience be your guide. It's up to you to supply the integrity if there's to be any. BTDT, no tee shirts awarded. LOL.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.